19 November 2016

Snowden - film review

The film Snowden is a kind of biographic film of Edward Snowden. It starts on 2013, when Snowden made contact with reporters while he was hid to explain to the world his experience. He starts to explain his career, how he reached his different posts and how he decided to publish NSA's secret and illegal information, mainly the control that the NSA had over the US (for example access to the mobile phone's or computer's cameras and microphones). Then, the movie shows how he escaped and took exile in Russia.
Resultado de imagen de snowden film

The film is based on the book  "The Snowden files. The inside story of the world's most wanted man", writed by Snowden's lawyer in Russia.

I have to say that for me Snowden is a great film. First of all because the main character: I admire what he did and what he fights for. Then, I like the films that make me think, and in this one you have to, because all the film goes by in security centrals and when two characters talk it's hard to know what they're telling with a clear meaning and what they are telling in figurative meaning. I liked it too because on it there are elements that attract me, for example the world of computers, the laws and how to evoid them, and the real and covered facts.

What I don't like at all is that the film just introduces the story of Snowden, without taking risks or expressing directly what Snowden wants.

There's people who says that the film doesn't show nothing new of the story and that it's just like Laura Poitras' work but shown as a film. I haven't seen Poitras' documents, so I can't say nothing about that.

I raccomand the film to everybody who doesn't knows about Snowden, specially to the people that likes the computing world. It's a good film, it worths the two hours that it lasts.


Resultado de imagen de snowden film

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand people who says the film doesn't show anythyng new and it's kind of a simple plot what we have in the film, but in my opinions this is great. The film coulded have become too different to the main story, the important thing was telling the story and make people thinck about it, about the real story behind the film, about the real facts. So it makes no sense making any effort to create a more "exiting" or more "commercial" film, they did very well following the main plot.

    Although is not the greatest action movie ever it has a quite decent dynamic, is entretaining, and it tells a very interesting and astonishing story too, so this film is a great work. I liked the film too, but it's not the kind of movie i would watch a second time.

    ReplyDelete