11 June 2017

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

About two weeks ago, I heard about a TV series. When I heard about it i remebered a video I had when I was little called Cosmos, hosted by Carl Sagan. In the video, Carl Sagan explained things abouut the universe, and maybe it was the first documentary about the universe that I've seen, the first of hundreds. So I looked for it on internet, and I discovered that on 2014 they published a new Cosmos, so I started to look for more information.

Resultado de imagen de cosmos a spacetime

The original Cosmos: A Personal Voyage was started in 1980 and was hosted by Carl Sagan. The show has been watched by at least 400 million people across 60 different countries, and until the 1990 documentary The Civil War, remained the network's highest rated program.
Following Sagan's death in 1996, his widow Ann Druyan, the co-creator of the original Cosmos series with Steven Soter, and astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson created a new version of the series, aimed to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and not just to those interested in the sciences.

So I started to watch the new Cosmos: a spacetime odissey. I've seen four chapters, and I have to say that they are so good. Sometimes Neil explains thing that I know, but even in those moments I don't get bored, because of the way he explains it all. The animatios and the visual effects help too, they had money enough to do it right. And I like too the chronologyof the chapters, and how he explains the live of some scientists who don't are well known even if they did important discoveries. What is even better is the vision of the universe it gives, of history, time, knowledge, faith and science, without avoiding philosophical questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment