04 June 2016

Italy



From 29th of March to the 3rd of April I was in Italy with all the 4ESO students crew, it was amazing! First, we went to the Barcelona airport by bus, and we took a plane from there to Italy, to Pisa. We were all insanely emotioned. Luckily, when we were in the bus we were too sleeped to do a lot of noise, and when we were in the plane we remained calmed.

The first day we arrived to Pisa near midday, we visitted the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and its sorrounding area, and we had lunch there. There I ate my first pizza of the trip (a lot of pizzas more followed this one all along the week).
On the afternoon we did a short excursion through Lucca, a medieval city near Pisa. There I met a cousin of my mother, but sadly we left Lucca quickly. We slept in a hostel in Montecatini.

Next morning we went to Florence and we stayed there all day long. In the morning we visitted Santa Maria del Fiore, known as "il Duomo" too. It was incredibly high, and I liked a lot the internal structure. The most of the people gets stressed on the tight corridors, but I liked them too.
On the afternoon we walked arround the city, we just had to see some monuments. I went to the Medici's museum too. We slept in the hostel of Montecatini again. 

On the third day, we spent the morning in Siena, having a look  at the cathedral and  "La Piazza dil Campo". I didn't really like Siena, I found it nice but I was expecting more. I have to say that we hadn't enough time to enjoy the city, and no one explained us the history of the city or of the monuments we saw in every corner. We had lunch there, everyone on his own (I ate another delicious pizza).
On the afternoon we went by bus to Rome. I remember we stayed a long time in the bus, three hours at least.
We arrived to Rome late, so we relaxed a minute in the Hotel: we found our bedrooms, I took a shower... and then we went all together to a restaurant. After having dinner, we did a tour arround Rome: we went to Piazza Spagna, la Fontana di Trevi... La Fontana di Trevi is amazing. I was expecting an incredible fountain, but a classical fountain, not what I saw.
Rome really impressed me. I didn't had heard opinions about the city of Rome, because when people talks about Rome they usually talk about the Coliseum or about a monument, not about Rome in general. There were sculptures in every corner, fountains in every square... It is majestic.

On the fourth day we woke up early, and after having breakfast in the hotel we took the subway to  the Vatican City. We visited the Vatican Museums with a guide. I found the museums incredible, a lot of art, paitings, sculptures, emroideries... Just amazing. But I got quite angry because of the short time we had to saw it all, we just walked through the galleries and we stopped just in front of the most important things. But what about all the other things? I could be there  looking at every piece for ages! I became really indignate when we walked through the Cappella Sistina in less than two minutes... Well, what we saw was beautiful and I liked it a lot. After that three of us went a moment to see the cupola of the cathedral, the biggest duomo in the world.
Then, we returned to Rome and we had lunch.
In the afternoon we visitted the Pantheon. It is one of the monuments I liked the most, because it is enormous, strong, so ancient, it has a hole in its center and it is still perfect. I don't know how to express how made me feel the Pantheon.
Then we had dinner all together and then we returned to the hotel arround ten and a half. Some of us, including me, did another trip. We went to have an ice-cream at the best ice-cream shop of Rome. It was a little adventure, we had to find it, then we planned to go by bys and at the end we arrived safe. I thought that there couldn't be many differences between a good ice.cream and a normal ice-cream, and was wrong. Anyone who are you who is reading this now, I raccomand you to go to the Giolitti ice-cream shop, it is just incredible.

On the he fifth day we woke up, we had breakfast, and we went to the Colisseum. I expected more of the Colisseum, and I realized that it isn't a place to go and take selfies, laugh and enjoy the beauty of the architecture, but to think in the cruelty of the ancient roman society. They went there and they had fun, they drank, they did parties while people was fighting for his life just some meters away from them.

After the Colisseum we visitted the Roman Forum. Well, actually we walked through it (in that moment I became desperate like in the Vatican Museums). Then we had lunch on the center of Rome (the best luch I had in the trip). We bought groceries in a supermarcet too, because we knew that in the ship the food was so expensive.
Then we went to the hotel to took our equipment and we went to the port by bus. The ship wasn't in the harbour yet because of the bad weather of open sea, so we had to wait. 

I had never been in a big ship, and I enjoied it. Some people got travel sickness, but I loved the movements of the vassel, the changing gravity, it was really funny! My favourite place of the ship was the poop, a kind of balcony above the black sea (black on the night). I went to bed late and I woke up arround eleven. On the sixth day we played games, we talked, we played again... We played a lot: cards, games in the games-room... And, of course, we relaxed. And there's more: a flying instinct possessed my glasses and them flew away into the sea. It was because of the bad luck and because my girlfriend's hair. I love her, but in that moment I hated her a little bit... But it was a funny experience, seeing how my glasses fell slowly... Well, without glasses i didn't see very well, but altought this it was funny.
 
We arrived to Barcelona and the melancholy started. We returned to Castelló by bus and everyone went to his own house.

The worst I can say about the trip is that no one explained us what we were seeing, but in the Vatican. I got angry more than one time because of that, I was disperate! But I enjoyed a lot, it was funny, interesting, hard (we walked a lot), and thousands of things more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment